Auto adjust send buffer size to congention window

From
Radosław Smogura
Date:
Hi,

I've got idea to auto adjust send buffer size to size of TCP congention
window. Will this increase performance and in which way. I suppose throughput
may be increased, but latency decreased. What do You think?

Regards,
Radek

Re: Auto adjust send buffer size to congention window

Date:
Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu> writes:
> I've got idea to auto adjust send buffer size to size of TCP congention
> window. Will this increase performance and in which way. I suppose throughput
> may be increased, but latency decreased. What do You think?

I think if that makes any difference at all, it would be proof that the
TCP stack on your machine was implemented by incompetents.  The kernel
should already be handling such considerations.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> Monday 06 of June 2011 04:07:41
> Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu> writes:
> > I've got idea to auto adjust send buffer size to size of TCP congention
> > window. Will this increase performance and in which way. I suppose
> > throughput may be increased, but latency decreased. What do You think?
>
> I think if that makes any difference at all, it would be proof that the
> TCP stack on your machine was implemented by incompetents.  The kernel
> should already be handling such considerations.
>
>             regards, tom lane
I was thought about send buffer size in libpq.

Regards,
Radek