sepgsql: fix relkind handling on foreign tables

From
Kohei KaiGai
Date:
The attached patch fixes up case handling in foreign tables.

Now it didn't assign security label on foreign table on its creation
time, and didn't check access rights on the dml hook.
This patch fixes these problems; It allows foreign tables default
labeling and access checks as db_table object class.

KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

Attachment

Re: sepgsql: fix relkind handling on foreign tables

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
> The attached patch fixes up case handling in foreign tables.
>
> Now it didn't assign security label on foreign table on its creation
> time, and didn't check access rights on the dml hook.
> This patch fixes these problems; It allows foreign tables default
> labeling and access checks as db_table object class.

A foreign table is really more like a view, or a function call.  Are
you sure you want to handle it like a table?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
2011/5/23 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
>> The attached patch fixes up case handling in foreign tables.
>>
>> Now it didn't assign security label on foreign table on its creation
>> time, and didn't check access rights on the dml hook.
>> This patch fixes these problems; It allows foreign tables default
>> labeling and access checks as db_table object class.
>
> A foreign table is really more like a view, or a function call.  Are
> you sure you want to handle it like a table?

It might be a tentative solution, so I'll want to cancel this patch.

Its nature is indeed more similar to function call rather than tables,
but not a function itself. So, it might be a better idea to define its
own object class such as "db_foreign_table" instead of existing
object classes.

Date:
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
> 2011/5/23 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
>>> The attached patch fixes up case handling in foreign tables.
>>>
>>> Now it didn't assign security label on foreign table on its creation
>>> time, and didn't check access rights on the dml hook.
>>> This patch fixes these problems; It allows foreign tables default
>>> labeling and access checks as db_table object class.
>>
>> A foreign table is really more like a view, or a function call.  Are
>> you sure you want to handle it like a table?
>>
> It might be a tentative solution, so I'll want to cancel this patch.
>
> Its nature is indeed more similar to function call rather than tables,
> but not a function itself. So, it might be a better idea to define its
> own object class such as "db_foreign_table" instead of existing
> object classes.

Perhaps.  Or else use db_view.