HTML tags :/

From
David Fetter
Date:
Folks,

While readjusting pg_docbot's URLs for LEAST and GREATEST, I came
across an infelicity.  They'd been tagged as
"http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-conditional.html#AEN12680"
and I re-tagged them as
"http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-conditional.html#AEN15582"

I didn't see a more descriptive tag.  Am I missing something
important?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: HTML tags :/

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from David Fetter's message of lun abr 18 18:34:11 -0300 2011:
> Folks,
>
> While readjusting pg_docbot's URLs for LEAST and GREATEST, I came
> across an infelicity.  They'd been tagged as
> "http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-conditional.html#AEN12680"
> and I re-tagged them as
> "http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-conditional.html#AEN15582"
>
> I didn't see a more descriptive tag.  Am I missing something
> important?

The sect2 they are in would need an id attribute for there to be a
stable #-style link.

Re: HTML tags :/

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 06:44:03PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from David Fetter's message of lun abr 18 18:34:11 -0300 2011:
> > Folks,
> >
> > While readjusting pg_docbot's URLs for LEAST and GREATEST, I came
> > across an infelicity.  They'd been tagged as
> > "http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-conditional.html#AEN12680"
> > and I re-tagged them as
> > "http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-conditional.html#AEN15582"
> >
> > I didn't see a more descriptive tag.  Am I missing something
> > important?
>
> The sect2 they are in would need an id attribute for there to be a
> stable #-style link.

Please find attached a patch to fix this.

I believe there are other places in the docs where an id attribute
would be handy.  Will check those :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: HTML tags :/

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from David Fetter's message of lun may 02 10:58:37 -0300 2011:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 06:44:03PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > The sect2 they are in would need an id attribute for there to be a
> > stable #-style link.
>
> Please find attached a patch to fix this.
>
> I believe there are other places in the docs where an id attribute
> would be handy.  Will check those :)

I think it'd be good to have id attrs in all the sect2 sections of that
chapter.

Re: HTML tags :/

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 12:15:09PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from David Fetter's message of lun may 02 10:58:37 -0300 2011:
> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 06:44:03PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > The sect2 they are in would need an id attribute for there to be a
> > > stable #-style link.
> >
> > Please find attached a patch to fix this.
> >
> > I believe there are other places in the docs where an id attribute
> > would be handy.  Will check those :)
>
> I think it'd be good to have id attrs in all the sect2 sections of that
> chapter.

By "that chapter," do you mean everything in func.sgml, or just the
stuff in the <sect1 id="functions-conditional"> ?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: HTML tags :/

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from David Fetter's message of lun may 02 14:30:15 -0300 2011:
> On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 12:15:09PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > I think it'd be good to have id attrs in all the sect2 sections of that
> > chapter.
>
> By "that chapter," do you mean everything in func.sgml, or just the
> stuff in the <sect1 id="functions-conditional"> ?

Well, I mean the chapter:
<chapter id="functions">

There aren't that many sect2's missing the id (about one third of them
are in functions-conditional).  The ones in functions-subquery could be
problematic though.

Re: HTML tags :/

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 04:56:42PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from David Fetter's message of lun may 02 14:30:15 -0300 2011:
> > On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 12:15:09PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > I think it'd be good to have id attrs in all the sect2 sections of that
> > > chapter.
> >
> > By "that chapter," do you mean everything in func.sgml, or just the
> > stuff in the <sect1 id="functions-conditional"> ?
>
> Well, I mean the chapter:
>
>  <chapter id="functions">
>
> There aren't that many sect2's missing the id (about one third of them
> are in functions-conditional).  The ones in functions-subquery could be
> problematic though.

Please find attached a patch adding IDs to the appropriate (I think)
spots.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: HTML tags :/

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from David Fetter's message of lun may 02 17:53:35 -0300 2011:

> Please find attached a patch adding IDs to the appropriate (I think)
> spots.

Thanks.  There are some ID missing on some sect2 still; I had a look
yesterday and the problem is that the subsection titles collide with the
sect2 titles of the previous sect1, which makes choosing good names not
so trivial.

I also tried to backpatch this to 9.0 but it doesn't apply cleanly so I
left it alone.  If you want it to be backpatched, please send a modified
patch.