PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
aaronenabs
Date:
Hi all i have been trying to compile the sourcecode for postgresql but keep
getting an error message when running it in cygwin.

it states:

dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
make[3]: *** [cygpq.dll] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src/interfaces/li
bpq'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src/interfaces'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

what am trying to do is compile the sc and change the
HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility() to true. From looking at the downloaded
sourcecode file within "src/include/utils/tqual.h" i cannot see anywhere it
is set to false, so would appreciate it, if one could explain how i change
it to true.

thanks

Re: PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 3/29/11 5:53 PM, aaronenabs wrote:
> Hi all i have been trying to compile the sourcecode for postgresql but keep
> getting an error message when running it in cygwin.

I don't believe that Cygwin is supported at this point.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
aaronenabs
Date:
what c compiler would you suggest i use please

thanks

Re: PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
Andrew Dunstan

On 03/29/2011 09:03 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 3/29/11 5:53 PM, aaronenabs wrote:
>> Hi all i have been trying to compile the sourcecode for postgresql but keep
>> getting an error message when running it in cygwin.
> I don't believe that Cygwin is supported at this point.

Of course it is. I go to a considerable deal of trouble to keep it that
way. See
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=brolga&dt=2011-03-29%2011%3A40%3A02>

cheers

andrew

Re: PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
Andrew Dunstan

On 03/29/2011 09:21 PM, aaronenabs wrote:
> what c compiler would you suggest i use please

Building on Windows can be difficult. See
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-windows.html> for
alternatives.

cheers

andrew

Re: PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
Nicolas Barbier
Date:
2011/3/30 aaronenabs <aaronenabs@btconnect.com>:

> Hi all i have been trying to compile the sourcecode for postgresql but keep
> getting an error message when running it in cygwin.
>
> it states:
>
> dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
> make[3]: *** [cygpq.dll] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src/interfaces/li
> bpq'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src/interfaces'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

FYI, you left out the error message stating the real problem that
probably came right before the part you pasted here. The "Make[n]"
things are just the submakes that return an error recursively.

Nicolas

Re: PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
aaronenabs
Date:
Sorry about that, here is the section before the make.

dllwrap -o cygpq.dll --dllname cygpq.dll  --def libpqdll.def fe-auth.o
fe-connec
t.o fe-exec.o fe-misc.o fe-print.o fe-lobj.o fe-protocol2.o fe-protocol3.o
pqexp
buffer.o pqsignal.o fe-secure.o libpq-events.o md5.o ip.o wchar.o encnames.o
nob
lock.o pgstrcasecmp.o thread.o  -L../../../src/port
-Wl,--allow-multiple-definit
ion -Wl,--enable-auto-import  -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed   -lcrypt
-lpthr
ead
thread.o:thread.c:(.text+0x5c): undefined reference to `__xpg_strerror_r'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
make[3]: *** [cygpq.dll] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src/interfaces/li
bpq'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src/interfaces'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/postgresql-9.0.3/postgresql-9.0.3/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you alos advise how i change the the HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility() to
true within the source code:
/** HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility*        True iff heap tuple satisfies a time qual.** Notes:*    Assumes heap tuple is
valid.*   Beware of multiple evaluations of snapshot argument.*    Hint bits in the HeapTuple's t_infomask may be
updatedas a side effect;*    if so, the indicated buffer is marked dirty.*/

#define HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility(tuple, snapshot, buffer) \((*(snapshot)->satisfies) ((tuple)->t_data, snapshot,
buffer))

Re: PostgreSQL sourcecode

From
Nicolas Barbier
Date:
2011/3/30 aaronenabs <aaronenabs@btconnect.com>:

> Can you alos advise how i change the the HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility() to
> true within the source code:

[..]

> #define HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility(tuple, snapshot, buffer) \
>        ((*(snapshot)->satisfies) ((tuple)->t_data, snapshot, buffer))

As someone totally not familiar with the PostgreSQL source code, I
would guess something like:

#define HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility(tuple, snapshot, buffer) (1)

You might want to check the return type of the "satisfies" function
pointer though.

Nicolas