Query to generate CREATE INDEX statement from

From
Andrew Hammond
Date:
I'm building some partitioning support functions. I'm working on writing one called clone_indexes_to_partition right now. The idea is to take all the indexes applied to the parent and create a matching index on the child. Is there existing code that generates a CREATE INDEX statement given an indexrelid?

Andrew

Re: Query to generate CREATE INDEX statement from

From
Cédric Villemain
Date:
2011/3/24 Andrew Hammond <andrew.george.hammond@gmail.com>:
> I'm building some partitioning support functions. I'm working on writing one
> called clone_indexes_to_partition right now. The idea is to take all the
> indexes applied to the parent and create a matching index on the child. Is
> there existing code that generates a CREATE INDEX statement given
> an indexrelid?

Yes it is :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/functions-info.html
pg_get_indexdef(index_oid)     get CREATE INDEX command for index

Date:
Andrew Hammond <andrew.george.hammond@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm building some partitioning support functions. I'm working on writing one
> called clone_indexes_to_partition right now. The idea is to take all the
> indexes applied to the parent and create a matching index on the child. Is
> there existing code that generates a CREATE INDEX statement given an
> indexrelid?

pg_get_indexdef
        regards, tom lane