default pg_hba vs replication

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Should we perhaps add a replication line to the default hba file, the
same way we have for regular connections? IIRC we discussed that as a
sub-sub-sub-point in some previous thread, but never mad a decision...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: default pg_hba vs replication

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mar 5, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Should we perhaps add a replication line to the default hba file, the
> same way we have for regular connections? IIRC we discussed that as a
> sub-sub-sub-point in some previous thread, but never mad a decision...

Not sure what the point is. Anything open enough to be useful would be a security hole, I would think.

...Robert