Upcoming back-branch updates

Date:
The Postgres core team will be wrapping update releases for all
supported back branches this evening.  These updates are prompted by
a minor security issue (reported by Apple, curiously enough) as well
as desire to push out some significant bug fixes that have been made
in the last few weeks.

My apologies for the short notice.  I was supposed to report this
decision to -hackers a week ago, and entirely forgot :-(
        regards, tom lane

Re: Upcoming back-branch updates

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
On Jan 27, 2011, at 9:17 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Postgres core team will be wrapping update releases for all
> supported back branches this evening.  These updates are prompted by
> a minor security issue (reported by Apple, curiously enough) as well
> as desire to push out some significant bug fixes that have been made
> in the last few weeks.

Maybe we'll start to see more security-related reports from Apple.
 http://www.9to5mac.com/48841/apple-hires-ex-nsa-expert-to-lead-security-teams

Best,

David