default localtimestamp at time zone

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Oddly, this doesn't work:

create table test (x timestamp default localtimestamp at time zone 'UTC');
ERROR:  42601: syntax error at or near "at"

(Parentheses help.)

The attached patch fixes it.  Is there any reason for this omission?

(The patch also works in past releases, so it was not obviously a parser
problem.)

Attachment

Re: default localtimestamp at time zone

Date:
> Oddly, this doesn't work:
> create table test (x timestamp default localtimestamp at time zone 'UTC');
> ERROR:  42601: syntax error at or near "at"

> (Parentheses help.)

> The attached patch fixes it.  Is there any reason for this omission?

I'm not really thrilled about adding low-usage options to b_expr.  That
could back us into a corner later, by preventing b_expr from being used
in someplace where it'd be desirable.
        regards, tom lane