VACUUM FULL during initdb

From
Takahiro Itagaki
Date:
Do we still need VACUUM FULL in initdb? VACUUM FULL in 9.0 rewrites
all tables, so those operations are a little more expensive than
previous releases. Is it worth replacing them into VACUUM?

make_template0(void)   Finally vacuum to clean up dead rows in pg_database   "VACUUM FULL pg_database;\n",

vacuum_db(void)   PG_CMD_PUTS("ANALYZE;\nVACUUM FULL;\nVACUUM FREEZE;\n");

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: VACUUM FULL during initdb

Date:
Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Do we still need VACUUM FULL in initdb? VACUUM FULL in 9.0 rewrites
> all tables, so those operations are a little more expensive than
> previous releases. Is it worth replacing them into VACUUM?

I had left it that way intentionally to make sure there was nothing
depending on catalogs retaining their original relfilenode number.
I'm not sure that speed of initdb is a particularly significant factor.
        regards, tom lane