\d commands in psql 9.0

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
Hi,

Seems like \dd and \ddp+ gives the same answer...
The reason this is misleading is that \ddp is a command and i was
trying to get extra info with \ddp+ (which doesn't exist)

are we requiring a space between the command and it's first parameter?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Re: \d commands in psql 9.0

Date:
Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
> are we requiring a space between the command and it's first parameter?

Yes.
        regards, tom lane

Re: \d commands in psql 9.0

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
>> are we requiring a space between the command and it's first parameter?
>
> Yes.

then, something is wrong because \ddp+ should be giving an error
(because that command doesn't exist and \dd seems to be accepting the
p+ as a parameter)

--

Date:
Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
> then, something is wrong because \ddp+ should be giving an error
> (because that command doesn't exist and \dd seems to be accepting the
> p+ as a parameter)

No, it's just ignoring the p+, not treating it as a parameter.  I agree
this is bogus --- patch committed.
        regards, tom lane