ecpg.addons

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
I wrote a hackish little script that checks if all rules in ecpg.addons are
indeed used to create the precompiler's parser to catch renamed symbol and
similar changes. Now I wonder whether this should be added to the build
process. If it is, the buildfarm will catch every such change, not just the
ones breaking the regression tests. However, this might also make the buildfarm
become red if only a very minor and unimportant change is not syncronized.

Any comment?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes@jabber.org

Re: ecpg.addons

Date:
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> I wrote a hackish little script that checks if all rules in ecpg.addons are
> indeed used to create the precompiler's parser to catch renamed symbol and
> similar changes. Now I wonder whether this should be added to the build
> process. If it is, the buildfarm will catch every such change, not just the
> ones breaking the regression tests. However, this might also make the buildfarm
> become red if only a very minor and unimportant change is not syncronized.

> Any comment?

The point of the buildfarm is to catch mistakes ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: ecpg.addons

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:14:54AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> > I wrote a hackish little script that checks if all rules in ecpg.addons are
> > indeed used to create the precompiler's parser to catch renamed symbol and
> > similar changes. Now I wonder whether this should be added to the build
> > process. If it is, the buildfarm will catch every such change, not just the
> > ones breaking the regression tests. However, this might also make the buildfarm
> > become red if only a very minor and unimportant change is not syncronized.
>
> > Any comment?
>
> The point of the buildfarm is to catch mistakes ...

Okay, committed. As you guys know I don't really speak perl, so feel free to go
in and fix whatever stupid perl mistake I made.

Michael