Missing feature in plpgsql EXECUTE ... USING support

Date:
I just noticed that plpgsql's OPEN cursor FOR EXECUTE command lacks
a USING clause, so the only way to put parameters into the string is
textual insertion.  Seems like an oversight, since every other variant
of EXECUTE in plpgsql can do USING.  Did we omit that intentionally?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Missing feature in plpgsql EXECUTE ... USING support

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
2009/11/13 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> I just noticed that plpgsql's OPEN cursor FOR EXECUTE command lacks
> a USING clause, so the only way to put parameters into the string is
> textual insertion.  Seems like an oversight, since every other variant
> of EXECUTE in plpgsql can do USING.  Did we omit that intentionally?

It's my mistake. I am sure, so OPEN FOR EXECUTE needs USING clause.
It's a paradox so Oracle OPEN function missing any support for dynamic
query. We are better than Oracle :).

Pavel