happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL
Date:
Tom,

On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
you a happy birthday.
We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
  Best regards,
      Hans-Jürgen Schönig + team

--
Cybertec Schoenig & Schoenig GmbH
Reyergasse 9 / 2

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
> you a happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.

+1
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 13:04 +0200, Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL
wrote:
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
> you a happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to
> come.

Assuming that we have only one Tom Lane (i.e., he is not clustered yet),
Happy birthday from here, too :)

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Bill Moran
Date:
Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL <postgres@cybertec.at> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
> you a happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.

Alright, Tom ... I'm in the area, when/where's the party? ;)

In any event, happy birthday.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Andrew Chernow
Date:
Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL wrote:
> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
> you a happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
>
>   Best regards,
>
>       Hans-Jürgen Schönig + team

Happy 30th Tom ;)

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Khee Chin
Date:
Happy birthday Tom, from the sunny island of Singapore. :-)

Regards,
Khee Chin.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL
<postgres@cybertec.at> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish you a
> happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
>
>  Best regards,
>
>      Hans-Jürgen Schönig + team
>

> --
> Cybertec Schoenig & Schoenig GmbH
> Reyergasse 9 / 2
> A-2700 Wiener Neustadt
> Web: www.postgresql-support.de

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Merlin Moncure
Date:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Andrew Chernow <ac@esilo.com> wrote:
> Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL wrote:
>>
>> Tom,
>>
>> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish you
>> a happy birthday.
>> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to
>> come.
>>
>>  Best regards,
>>
>>      Hans-Jürgen Schönig + team
>>

> Happy 30th Tom ;)

so that's where he gets his energy...

(happy birthday)
merlin

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:11 AM, A. Kretschmer
<andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
>> Tom,
>>
>> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
>> you a happy birthday.
>> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
>
> +1

Of all the responses so far I like this one the best.  +1 from me, too!

...Robert

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Marcelo Costa
Date:
Happy nice birthday Tom Lane

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:11 AM, A. Kretschmer
<andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
>> Tom,
>>
>> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
>> you a happy birthday.
>> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
>
> +1

Of all the responses so far I like this one the best.  +1 from me, too!

...Robert

Marcelo Costa
www.marcelocosta.net
“You can't always get what want”,

Doctor House in apology to Mike Jagger

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Dimitri Fontaine
Date:
Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
> Tom,
> happy birthday.

+1 from me :)

dim

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL
<postgres@cybertec.at> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish you a
> happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.

In short, +1 from me.

:)

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 01:04:23PM +0200, Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL wrote:
> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to
> wish  you a happy birthday.  We hope that you fill be a vital part
> of PostgreSQL for many years to come.

Happy birthday, Tom!

Many happy returns :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Hannu Krosing
Date:
On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 16:24 +0200, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
> > Tom,
> > happy birthday.
>
> +1 from me :)

+1 from me too :D

--
Hannu Krosing   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Scalability and Availability   Services, Consulting and Training

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
daveg
Date:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 01:04:23PM +0200, Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL wrote:
> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
> you a happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
>
>   Best regards,
>
>       Hans-Jürgen Schönig + team

+1 from me too.

-dg

--
David Gould       daveg@sonic.net      510 536 1443    510 282 0869

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Joe Conway
daveg wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 01:04:23PM +0200, Hans-Juergen Schoenig -- PostgreSQL wrote:
>> Tom,
>>
>> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish
>> you a happy birthday.
>> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
>>
>>   Best regards,
>>
>>       Hans-Jürgen Schönig + team
>
> +1 from me too.

I generally hate to do "me too", but in this case it is well justified :-)

+1

Joe

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda
Date:
Congratulations from Cuba, Tom.
I hope that you follow teaching to many of us.

Regards

"The hurry is enemy of the success: for that reason.......Be patient"

Ing. Marcos L. Ortiz Valmaseda
Línea Soporte y Despliegue
Centro de Tecnologías de Almacenamiento y Análisis de Datos (CENTALAD)

Linux User # 418229
PostgreSQL User
http://www.postgresql.org
http://www.planetpostgresql.org/
http://www.postgresql-es.org/

Enviados: Viernes, 18 de Septiembre 2009 2:36:15 GMT -10:00 Hawai
Asunto: Re: [HACKERS] happy birthday Tom Lane ...

<postgres@cybertec.at> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> On behalf of the entire PostgreSQL team here in Austria I want to wish you a
> happy birthday.
> We hope that you fill be a vital part of PostgreSQL for many years to come.
>
>  Best regards,
>
>      Hans-Jürgen Schönig + team
>

> --
> Cybertec Schoenig & Schoenig GmbH
> Reyergasse 9 / 2
> A-2700 Wiener Neustadt
> Web: www.postgresql-support.de

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Paul Matthews
Date:
happy_birthday++;

--
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.

Re: happy birthday Tom Lane ...

From
Robert Creager
Date:
On Sep 18, 2009, at 5:18 PM, Paul Matthews wrote:

> happy_birthday++;

SELECT count( happy ) FROM birthday WHERE name ~ 'Tom Lane';
WARNING : condition stack overflow: INF

Sigh,
Rob