Feature request: DEFAULT as input value of function argument

From
Sergey Konoplev
Date:
Hi, community

The case:

E.g. I need to write a function that should do updates of a table. In
the function I have to specify necessary columns I need to update as
arguments and write update of the columns with this arguments.
Everything is ok but the case when I need to skip some column in
update to use DEFAULT value of the column.

IMHO convenient solution is to make possible to specify something like
COLUMN_DEFAULT as input value of function.

I wonder if it's possible.

Sergey Konoplev
--
PostgreSQL articles in english & russian
http://gray-hemp.blogspot.com/search/label/postgresql/

Re: Feature request: DEFAULT as input value of function argument

From
Sergey Konoplev
Date:
> IMHO convenient solution is to make possible to specify something like
> COLUMN_DEFAULT as input value of function.
>
> I wonder if it's possible.

So, what do you think of it?

Sergey Konoplev
--
PostgreSQL articles in english & russian
http://gray-hemp.blogspot.com/search/label/postgresql/

Re: Feature request: DEFAULT as input value of function argument

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello