8.5 release notes idea

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: 8.5 release notes idea

From
Greg Smith
Date:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Just noticed in the release notes for 8.4, there are two items
> accredited to just "Greg" (but there are three of us Gregs who
> contributed to 8.4 and are in the notes). While this is very likely
> Greg Stark, due to the context...

That's correct--you and I are spelled out completely everwhere we show up
there, so all the "Greg" references without a last name are to Greg Stark.

I would not be surprised to find so many Greg Smith's one day that we all
end up identified by SHA-1 hash.

> Enjoy while you can, Bruce, we'll get another Bruce to contribute
> someday!

I think any Bruce or Tom who tries to submit a patch will have to be given
a funny nickname instead.

Re: 8.5 release notes idea

From
Greg Stark
Date:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Greg Smith<gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> That's correct--you and I are spelled out completely everwhere we show up
> there, so all the "Greg" references without a last name are to Greg Stark.

Well they're intended to be. I'm not sure I actually contributed much
to those though.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf

Re: 8.5 release notes idea

Date:
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
[ There is text before PGP section. ]

> Just noticed in the release notes for 8.4, there are two items
> accredited to just "Greg" (but there are three of us Gregs who
> contributed to 8.4 and are in the notes). While this is very likely
> Greg Stark, due to the context, I think at this point in the project
> we simply should spell out everyone's complete name every time, rather
> than the hit or miss style we are developing.
>
> (Enjoy while you can, Bruce, we'll get another Bruce to contribute
> someday! Zoltan might be harder... :)

That is an interesting suggestion.  I have tried to use short names
where possible to avoid having the usernames become too prominent.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: 8.5 release notes idea

From
Boszormenyi Zoltan
Date:
Bruce Momjian írta:
> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> [ There is text before PGP section. ]

>> Just noticed in the release notes for 8.4, there are two items
>> accredited to just "Greg" (but there are three of us Gregs who
>> contributed to 8.4 and are in the notes). While this is very likely
>> Greg Stark, due to the context, I think at this point in the project
>> we simply should spell out everyone's complete name every time, rather
>> than the hit or miss style we are developing.
>>
>> (Enjoy while you can, Bruce, we'll get another Bruce to contribute
>> someday! Zoltan might be harder... :)

Believe it or not, there's another guy with my name in Hungary
who is a poet and writer and is more famous than me. :-)
http://www.boszormenyizoltan.info/  ( he's not me :-) )

> That is an interesting suggestion.  I have tried to use short names
> where possible to avoid having the usernames become too prominent.

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

----------------------------------
Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/

Re: 8.5 release notes idea

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
greg@turnstep.com ("Greg Sabino Mullane") writes:
> (Enjoy while you can, Bruce, we'll get another Bruce to contribute
> someday! Zoltan might be harder... :)

My middle name is Bruce; there wouldn't be any "legal humps" to overcome
for me to use the moniker "Bruce Browne" :-).
--
output = reverse("ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc")
Christopher Browne

Re: 8.5 release notes idea

From
Andrew Dunstan

Christopher Browne wrote:
> greg@turnstep.com ("Greg Sabino Mullane") writes:
>
>> (Enjoy while you can, Bruce, we'll get another Bruce to contribute
>> someday! Zoltan might be harder... :)
>>

> My middle name is Bruce; there wouldn't be any "legal humps" to overcome
> for me to use the moniker "Bruce Browne" :-).

I'm an Aussie. We're all called Bruce!
<http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Aussies>

cheers

andrew

Re: 8.5 release notes idea

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane<greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
> Just noticed in the release notes for 8.4, there are two items
> accredited to just "Greg" (but there are three of us Gregs who
> contributed to 8.4 and are in the notes). While this is very likely
> Greg Stark, due to the context, I think at this point in the project
> we simply should spell out everyone's complete name every time, rather
> than the hit or miss style we are developing.

I think that's probably a good idea...

...Robert