resetxlog bug

From
Lorraine Mancuso
Date:
Hi,<br /><br />    I am currently running PG version 8.3.1. I am working in a test environment. I have a situation
wherethe WAL file needed at startup no longer exists and I really don't care about it, therefore, I just want to reset
thelogs and go from there. However, after the pg_resetxlog, PG is still looking for the old file in the pg_xlog
href="http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/3f0b79eb0904300807y43a96717ued641f6624c2470@mail.gmail.com">3f0b79eb0904300807y43a96717ued641f6624c2470@mail.gmail.com</a>>
<<a
href="http://archives.postgresql.org/msgtxt.php?id=3f0b79eb0904300807y43a96717ued641f6624c2470@mail.gmail.com">text/plain</a>></ul>

Re: resetxlog bug

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Lorraine Mancuso wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am currently running PG version 8.3.1. I am working in a test
> environment. I have a situation where the WAL file needed at startup no
> longer exists and I really don't care about it,

This is never true -- if you lose a WAL file, there is potential
corruption in the system catalogs.  So you always care about it.

Re: resetxlog bug

From
Fujii Masao
Date:
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Lorraine Mancuso<mancusol1@scranton.edu> wrote:
>    I am currently running PG version 8.3.1. I am working in a test
> environment. I have a situation where the WAL file needed at startup no
> longer exists and I really don't care about it, therefore, I just want to
> reset the logs and go from there. However, after the pg_resetxlog, PG is
> still looking for the old file in the pg_xlog directory. Has this bug been
> fixed in a version beyond 8.3.1?

Is that the same problem which was discussed before? If so, that bug fix will
be included in the upcoming 8.3.8.
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/3f0b79eb0904300807y43a96717ued641f6624c2470@mail.gmail.com

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center