bootstrap table with TimestampTz type

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

I have a problem with creating bootstrap table with TimestampTz type.

Initdb finish with bug unrecognized type "TimestampTz", because
pg_type knows "timestamptz". But I can't to use timestamptz, because
the identifier is "TimestampTz".

What is good solution?

Thank You
Pavel

Re: bootstrap table with TimestampTz type

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Pavel Stehule escribió:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem with creating bootstrap table with TimestampTz type.
>
> Initdb finish with bug unrecognized type "TimestampTz", because
> pg_type knows "timestamptz". But I can't to use timestamptz, because
> the identifier is "TimestampTz".
>
> What is good solution?

See pg_authid.h ... is that not enough?

Date:
2009/5/20 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Pavel Stehule escribió:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a problem with creating bootstrap table with TimestampTz type.
>>
>> Initdb finish with bug unrecognized type "TimestampTz", because
>> pg_type knows "timestamptz". But I can't to use timestamptz, because
>> the identifier is "TimestampTz".
>>
>> What is good solution?
>
> See pg_authid.h ... is that not enough?

thank you, it'is it

regards
Pavel

Date:
> Pavel Stehule escribi�:
>> Initdb finish with bug unrecognized type "TimestampTz", because
>> pg_type knows "timestamptz". But I can't to use timestamptz, because
>> the identifier is "TimestampTz".

> See pg_authid.h ... is that not enough?

That was okay for a one-off hack, but if we're going to have timestamptz
in multiple catalogs, it might be nice to have a cleaner solution.
Should we make it work like aclitem does (cf genbki.h)?
        regards, tom lane

Date:
2009/5/20 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Pavel Stehule escribió:
>>> Initdb finish with bug unrecognized type "TimestampTz", because
>>> pg_type knows "timestamptz". But I can't to use timestamptz, because
>>> the identifier is "TimestampTz".
>
>> See pg_authid.h ... is that not enough?
>
> That was okay for a one-off hack, but if we're going to have timestamptz
> in multiple catalogs, it might be nice to have a cleaner solution.
> Should we make it work like aclitem does (cf genbki.h)?

I found, so it was bad shot - In my case is timestamp field not null

I'll look on genbki

thank you
Pavel

Date:
Tom Lane escribió:
> > Pavel Stehule escribi�:
> >> Initdb finish with bug unrecognized type "TimestampTz", because
> >> pg_type knows "timestamptz". But I can't to use timestamptz, because
> >> the identifier is "TimestampTz".
>
> > See pg_authid.h ... is that not enough?
>
> That was okay for a one-off hack, but if we're going to have timestamptz
> in multiple catalogs, it might be nice to have a cleaner solution.
> Should we make it work like aclitem does (cf genbki.h)?

Yeah, eventually we're going to need timestamps in autovacuum scheduler
catalogs too, so if it's solved for good, all the better.

Re: bootstrap table with TimestampTz type

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
so solution is simple

as two lines to genbki.sh - there is similar jobs - NameData => name, ...

regards