User documentation on signal handling

From
Gurjeet Singh
Date:
href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/6.4/static/signals.htm">http://www.postgresql.org/docs/6.4/static/signals.htm</a><br
/><br/>Do we have any such doc in our current release? It sure is helpful from user perspective to understand how
Postgresresponds to different signals; I just saw another instance of kill -9 recommendation to kill a backend in the
indiatimes| yahoo }.com<br /><br />EnterpriseDB      <a
/></div>

Re: User documentation on signal handling

Date:
Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> writes:
>     I just came across this page from 6.4 docs:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/6.4/static/signals.htm

> Do we have any such doc in our current release?

I don't think there's any table like that, but the Notes for the
postgres reference page
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-postgres.html
cover the same territory.  I think we generally favor using pg_ctl
over manual signal sending, which may be why the table's gone.
        regards, tom lane