Copyright waiver from Helios (fix for non-BSD copyright)

Date:
I have received the attached email from HELIOS Software GmbH giving us
permission to change the licensing of HELIOS-contributed software to our
project to the official BSD license.  (I am BCC'ing them.)

I think we should re-add the AIX files we removed from CVS yesterday,
and then remove the non-BSD HELIOS copyright from CVS HEAD and all back
branches.

Helmut Tschemernjak wrote:
> Dear Herr Seifert,
> Dear Bruce Momjian,
>
> I am the founder and president of HELIOS Software, Jens-Uwe Mager left
> in 2002 HELIOS.
>
> We agree to change to all contributions of HELIOS source codes for the
> PostgreSQL project into a BSD License.
>
> If you have further questions please contact me.
>

> best regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen,
>
> Helmut Tschemernjak
>

> HELIOS Software GmbH
> President
http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Copyright waiver from Helios (fix for non-BSD copyright)

Date:
> I think we should re-add the AIX files we removed from CVS yesterday,

Why?  That code is ten years obsolete.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Copyright waiver from Helios (fix for non-BSD copyright)

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have received the attached email from HELIOS Software GmbH giving us
> permission to change the licensing of HELIOS-contributed software to our
> project to the official BSD license.  (I am BCC'ing them.)
>
> I think we should re-add the AIX files we removed from CVS yesterday,
> and then remove the non-BSD HELIOS copyright from CVS HEAD and all back
> branches.

Maybe we could just re-copyright the files in the back branches, and
leave HEAD alone ...

Re: Copyright waiver from Helios (fix for non-BSD copyright)

Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > I have received the attached email from HELIOS Software GmbH giving us
> > permission to change the licensing of HELIOS-contributed software to our
> > project to the official BSD license.  (I am BCC'ing them.)
> >
> > I think we should re-add the AIX files we removed from CVS yesterday,
> > and then remove the non-BSD HELIOS copyright from CVS HEAD and all back
> > branches.
>
> Maybe we could just re-copyright the files in the back branches, and
> leave HEAD alone ...

OK, I thought there was some uncertainty about whether people were using
the AIX code.

Date:
> OK, I thought there was some uncertainty about whether people were using
> the AIX code.

Somebody suggested that the code might be needed on pre-5.3 AIX.  But
after I looked into the files and found out the code is only needed
pre *4.3*, I think the odds of anyone still wanting it are nil.

I concur with Alvaro: change the back branch copyrights and leave
HEAD as it is.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, I thought there was some uncertainty about whether people were using
> > the AIX code.
>
> Somebody suggested that the code might be needed on pre-5.3 AIX.  But
> after I looked into the files and found out the code is only needed
> pre *4.3*, I think the odds of anyone still wanting it are nil.
>
> I concur with Alvaro: change the back branch copyrights and leave
> HEAD as it is.

Done.

http://enterprisedb.com