Extend PL/pgSQL

From
Demise Garrouste
Date:
id="result_box"style="text-align:

left;"> I am in workplacement in a company and I have to make a migration from one database to PostGreSQL.
Nevertheless,the migration is not possible, because I don't have the GOTO instruction. I know this is a bad practice,
however,I wanted to know if it's possible to implement this feature. If it's possible, I wonder if a developer could

Re: Extend PL/pgSQL

From
Laurent Laborde
Date:

Sure ! Here it is : http://tinyurl.com/anel

> Thank you in advance, send me an email if you have an answer.

yw :)

--
F4FQM
Kerunix Flan

Re: Extend PL/pgSQL

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

2009/4/21 Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Demise Garrouste <b.pijoulat@tele2.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am in workplacement in a company and I have to make a migration from one
>> database to PostGreSQL. Nevertheless, the migration is not possible, because
>> I don't have the GOTO instruction. I know this is a bad practice, however, I
>> wanted to know if it's possible to implement this feature. If it's possible,
>> I wonder if a developer could add this feature.

GOTO isn't possible - not with current plpgsql interpret.

workaround is simple, but ugly - add an cycle and CONTINUE or EXIT statements.

regards
Pavel Stehule

> Sure ! Here it is : http://tinyurl.com/anel
>
>> Thank you in advance, send me an email if you have an answer.
>
> yw :)
>

> --
> F4FQM
> Kerunix Flan
> Laurent Laborde

Re: Extend PL/pgSQL

From
Merlin Moncure
Date:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Demise Garrouste <b.pijoulat@tele2.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am in workplacement in a company and I have to make a migration from one
> database to PostGreSQL. Nevertheless, the migration is not possible, because
> I don't have the GOTO instruction. I know this is a bad practice, however, I
> wanted to know if it's possible to implement this feature. If it's possible,
> I wonder if a developer could add this feature. Thank you in advance, send
> me an email if you have an answer.

maybe if you provided a scenario where you think goto is required you
could get some suggestions.

merlin