Postgres SQL specification (tests)

From
mito
Date:
Hi,

i have built an SQL interface using rule system which supports row
versioning and i would like to test it against Postgres SQL specification.

Is there something like test cases for postgres SQL interface?

Or do you have any ideas how to build a group of all possible cases of
table structure and generate appropriate queries, which can be tested
against postgres?

thanks

Re: Postgres SQL specification (tests)

From
Kevin Field
Date:
On Apr 16, 3:14 am, mito <milos.ors...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have built an SQL interface using rule system which supports row
> versioning and i would like to test it against Postgres SQL specification.
>
> Is there something like test cases for postgres SQL interface?
>
> Or do you have any ideas how to build a group of all possible cases of
> table structure and generate appropriate queries, which can be tested
> against postgres?
>
> thanks

For unit testing, I use pgTap, it's pretty handy for scripting your
tests.

What do you mean by all possible cases of table structure?  That would
be infinite...

Re: Postgres SQL specification (tests)

From
mito
Date:
By table structure i mean table definition options.

Date:
On Apr 16, 10:52 am, mito <milos.ors...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By table structure i mean table definition options.

...which includes columns, right?

Sorry, I don't think I can picture what you're trying to do.