global index - work in progress patch

From
"Srinath K"
Date:
Hi,

I'm implementing "global index" - an index that indexes all tables in an
inheritance hierarchy. For complete feature description, please refer
README.user.

Attached zip contents:
1. README.user: features and limitations from user perspective
2. README.dev: design and implementation notes
3. global_index.sql, global_index.out: regression test and its output
4. tests.txt: concurrency test cases; this and the regression tests should
give an idea of how the feature actually works.
5. gbl_indx_wip1: patch file w.r.t. anoncvs checkout dated 1 Dec 08.

Please do provide any feedback you might have about the implementation, and
ideas regarding limitations/bugs.

Thanks,
Srinath.

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is
intendedonly for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
youare not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this
communicationin error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not
acceptany liability for virus infected mails.

Re: global index - work in progress patch

From
Greg Stark
Date:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Srinath K <srinath_k@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> I'm implementing "global index" - an index that indexes all tables in an
> inheritance hierarchy. For complete feature description, please refer
> README.user.

> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It
isintended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient,you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message.

Am I authorized to refer to this file?

--
greg

Re: global index - work in progress patch

Date:
"Srinath K" <srinath_k@persistent.co.in> writes:
> DISCLAIMER
> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
> is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd.

If you want to submit patches, you're really going to have to get your
corporate lawyers to let you submit them without this disclaimer.
I'm not sure it's even legal for me to read the patch, let alone put
it into the Postgres sources.
        regards, tom lane