View running statements

From
Vlad Arkhipov
Date:
Is there any way to inspect current running statements (optionally full
stack of these statements)? I've found there is error_context_stack
variable in each backend, but it seems there is no way to get this
variable from another backend. It will be great if Postgres have such
kind of mechanism, for instance a system table that consists statements
running longer than certain time (5-10 seconds).

Re: View running statements

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
> Is there any way to inspect current running statements (optionally full
> stack of these statements)? I've found there is error_context_stack
> variable in each backend, but it seems there is no way to get this
> variable from another backend. It will be great if Postgres have such
> kind of mechanism, for instance a system table that consists statements
> running longer than certain time (5-10 seconds).

select * from pg_stat_activity;

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: View running statements

From
Vlad Arkhipov
Date:

>> Is there any way to inspect current running statements (optionally full
>> stack of these statements)? I've found there is error_context_stack
>> variable in each backend, but it seems there is no way to get this
>> variable from another backend. It will be great if Postgres have such
>> kind of mechanism, for instance a system table that consists statements
>> running longer than certain time (5-10 seconds).
>>

> select * from pg_stat_activity;
>

> Andreas

It shows only top-level statements. You can see 'select * from f()' in
this table but you never see what is actually executing in this function.

Re: View running statements

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Vlad,

> It shows only top-level statements. You can see 'select * from f()' in
> this table but you never see what is actually executing in this function.

Queries executed inside functions are opaque to the stats collector for a
variety of technical reasons.  Changing this is on the TODO list, but AFAIK
nobody is currently working on it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL