Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
Quick patch to mention CITEXT in the parts of the FAQ that discuss
case-insensitive comparisons.

Best,

David

Attachment

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
Bah, sorry for the duplication!

David

On Jan 8, 2009, at 11:00 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Quick patch to mention CITEXT in the parts of the FAQ that discuss
> case-insensitive comparisons.
>
> Best,
>
> David

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

Date:
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2009, at 9:12 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >> Quick patch to mention CITEXT in the parts of the FAQ that discuss
> >> case-insensitive comparisons.
> >
> > I think it is too early to mention /contrib/citext in the FAQ because
> > 8.4 is not released yet.
>
> Oh, is the FAQ on the site built from CVS tip? Is there not a branch
> for 8.3 from which it's built?

There are FAQ's in each branch, but the one that is put on the web site
is from CVS HEAD.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
On Feb 6, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Oh, is the FAQ on the site built from CVS tip? Is there not a branch
>> for 8.3 from which it's built?
>
> There are FAQ's in each branch, but the one that is put on the web
> site
> is from CVS HEAD.

Oh. That seems kind of odd…can you hang onto the patch until 8.4 is
released, then? This must happen all the time, no?

Best,

David

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

Date:
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >> Oh, is the FAQ on the site built from CVS tip? Is there not a branch
> >> for 8.3 from which it's built?
> >
> > There are FAQ's in each branch, but the one that is put on the web
> > site
> > is from CVS HEAD.
>
> Oh. That seems kind of odd?can you hang onto the patch until 8.4 is
> released, then? This must happen all the time, no?

OK, I will hang on to it, but I will have to mention it is only in 8.4
too.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
On Feb 6, 2009, at 9:43 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Oh. That seems kind of odd?can you hang onto the patch until 8.4 is
>> released, then? This must happen all the time, no?
>
> OK, I will hang on to it, but I will have to mention it is only in 8.4
> too.

Ah, yeah, I didn't put that in the patch…

Thanks!

David

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
David E. Wheeler
Date:
On Feb 6, 2009, at 10:54 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2009, at 9:43 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>>> Oh. That seems kind of odd?can you hang onto the patch until 8.4 is
>>> released, then? This must happen all the time, no?
>>
>> OK, I will hang on to it, but I will have to mention it is only in
>> 8.4
>> too.
>
> Ah, yeah, I didn't put that in the patch…

Just a reminder, Bruce, to add the CITEXT bit to the FAQ when 8.4 is
released. Is that supposed to be today?

Thanks,

David

Attachment

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

Date:
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> Just a reminder, Bruce, to add the CITEXT bit to the FAQ when 8.4 is
> released. Is that supposed to be today?

The FAQ is on the wiki now ... fix it yourself.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> Just a reminder, Bruce, to add the CITEXT bit to the FAQ when 8.4 is
>> released. Is that supposed to be today?
>
> The FAQ is on the wiki now ... fix it yourself.

It is? When did that happen?

Best,

David

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 09:15 -0700, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >> Just a reminder, Bruce, to add the CITEXT bit to the FAQ when 8.4 is
> >> released. Is that supposed to be today?
> >
> > The FAQ is on the wiki now ... fix it yourself.
>
> It is? When did that happen?

Quite some time ago.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

Date:
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The FAQ is on the wiki now ... fix it yourself.

> It is? When did that happen?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-04/msg00111.php
        regards, tom lane

Re: Mention CITEXT in the FAQ

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> It is? When did that happen?
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-04/msg00111.php

Thanks. Change added to the wiki.

Best,