Kerberos options requiring restart

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
The kerberos configuration options (krb_caseinsens_users, krb_realm,
krb_server_keyfile, krb_srvname, krb_server_hostname) are all set as
PGC_POSTMASTER. From what I can see, the only places where kerberos code
is called is from ClientAuthentication().

That means these parameters shouldn't need to be PGC_POSTMASTER, to
they? Or am I missing something here?

//Magnus

Re: Kerberos options requiring restart

Date:
> The kerberos configuration options (krb_caseinsens_users, krb_realm,
> krb_server_keyfile, krb_srvname, krb_server_hostname) are all set as
> PGC_POSTMASTER. From what I can see, the only places where kerberos code
> is called is from ClientAuthentication().

> That means these parameters shouldn't need to be PGC_POSTMASTER, to
> they? Or am I missing something here?

Hmmm ... I think at one time there was some kerberos initialization
done at postmaster start, but it sure doesn't look like there is
anymore.  So we could probably make all of these SIGHUP.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
>> The kerberos configuration options (krb_caseinsens_users, krb_realm,
>> krb_server_keyfile, krb_srvname, krb_server_hostname) are all set as
>> PGC_POSTMASTER. From what I can see, the only places where kerberos code
>> is called is from ClientAuthentication().
>
>> That means these parameters shouldn't need to be PGC_POSTMASTER, to
>> they? Or am I missing something here?
>
> Hmmm ... I think at one time there was some kerberos initialization
> done at postmaster start, but it sure doesn't look like there is
> anymore.  So we could probably make all of these SIGHUP.

That's what I figured - that, or that it at least preloaded something in
the postmaster...

I'll see about changing them.

//Magnus