No write stats in pg_statio system views

From
"Nikhil Sontakke"
Date:
Hi, <br /><br />What is the reason for not having heap_blks_write kind of stats in the pg_statio system views? Is it
becausebgwriter does the writing (we do have bg stats there) most of the times? Wouldn't the write stats help to get
href="http://www.enterprisedb.com">http://www.enterprisedb.com</a><br/>

Re: No write stats in pg_statio system views

From
ITAGAKI Takahiro
Date:
"Nikhil Sontakke" <nikhil.sontakke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> What is the reason for not having heap_blks_write kind of stats in the
> pg_statio system views? Is it because bgwriter does the writing (we do have
> bg stats there) most of the times? Wouldn't the write stats help to get the
> complete IO picture for the relation?

That's because we don't have relfilenode-based statistics.
We have only relation oid based statistics and the oid information
is not available on writing (including bgwriter).

If we can change statistics to be relfilenode-based,
heap_blks_write would be available. It might be worth trying,
but some works are needed.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro