Is psql command line interface broken on HEAD?

From
Zdenek Kotala
Date:
When I try run psql with a option on HEAD I get following message:

-bash-3.2$ /var/tmp/pg84_upg/bin/psql template1 -t
psql: FATAL:  role "-t" does not exist

when I change a order to

var/tmp/pg84_upg/bin/psql -t template1

then everything is OK.

Does it intention or it is a bug? Current behavior correspond with psql help but
It works fine on 8.1, 8.2 (8.3 not tested).
    Thanks Zdenek

Re: Is psql command line interface broken on HEAD?

Date:
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> When I try run psql with a option on HEAD I get following message:
> -bash-3.2$ /var/tmp/pg84_upg/bin/psql template1 -t
> psql: FATAL:  role "-t" does not exist

That has never been considered supported.  Some versions of getopt,
on some platforms, will rearrange the order of words on the command
line in order to make it "work" (for small values of "work" IMHO).
        regards, tom lane