Constructing array

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Hi!

Does anybody have a good pointer for an example of how to construct an
array in a SRF? Or if not such a pointer, hints on which way is best to
do it? (it'll be an array of text strings, one-dimensional)

(This is from C, if that's not obvious)

//Magnus

Re: Constructing array

Date:
> Does anybody have a good pointer for an example of how to construct an
> array in a SRF? Or if not such a pointer, hints on which way is best to
> do it? (it'll be an array of text strings, one-dimensional)

If you can build it in one swoop, use construct_array().  If you need
to build it incrementally then things will be much more painful...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Constructing array

From
Joe Conway
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anybody have a good pointer for an example of how to construct an
> array in a SRF? Or if not such a pointer, hints on which way is best to
> do it? (it'll be an array of text strings, one-dimensional)
>
> (This is from C, if that's not obvious)

I'm sure there are other good examples, but one possibility is to look
at pg_conversion.c in PL/R source. Start with get_array_datum().

HTH,

Joe