hold the presses...

Narwhal just broke :-(

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: PGBuildfarm member narwhal Branch HEAD Status changed from OK
to Make failure
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:23:06 -0800 (PST)
From: PG Build Farm <pgbuildfarm-web@hosting-two.commandprompt.com>
To: pgbuildfarm-status-chngs@pgfoundry.org,
pgbuildfarm-status-green@pgfoundry.org

The PGBuildfarm member narwhal had the following event on branch HEAD:

Status changed from OK to Make failure

The snapshot timestamp for the build that triggered this notification
is: 2007-11-15 21:00:00

The specs of this machine are:
OS:  Windows Server 2003 R2 / 5.2.3790
Arch: i686
Comp: GCC / 3.4.2 (mingw-special)

For more information, see
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=narwhal&br=HEAD

Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> hold the presses...
> Narwhal just broke :-(

Grumble ... looks like we have to use ftruncate to keep Windows
happy.  Will fix.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [Fwd: PGBuildfarm member narwhal Branch HEAD Status changed from OK to Make failure]

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Let me know when ready to proceed ...

I just fixed a second bug in that patch :-(
But I think we're good to go now.

Note that none of the version-stamping has been done yet.
Also, I'm not sure where Bruce is with his pgindent stuff.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Let me know when ready to proceed ...
>
> I just fixed a second bug in that patch :-(
> But I think we're good to go now.

> Note that none of the version-stamping has been done yet.

Right, I believe only Marc does that.  I have never touched it for beta.

> Also, I'm not sure where Bruce is with his pgindent stuff.

I am done with pgindent, thanks.  I was even able to pgindent files I
had to skip in the past.

Should we wait longer for the buildfarm to become more green?

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: [Fwd: PGBuildfarm member narwhal Branch HEAD Status changed from OK to Make failure]

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 21:26 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Any idea on how often narwhal will do a build?

It looks that it builds -HEAD every 6 hours:

http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=narwhal&br=HEAD

and the next build is 2 hours later.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 21:26 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Any idea on how often narwhal will do a build?

> It looks that it builds -HEAD every 6 hours:
> http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=narwhal&br=HEAD
> and the next build is 2 hours later.

Yeah.  Theoretically we should be OK because we have a couple of
green results from MSVC animals, but I wouldn't mind waiting two
hours to see one from a Windows/gcc build.

I already asked Dave if he could force a rebuild from home, no go :-(
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 21:26 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>>> Any idea on how often narwhal will do a build?
>>>

>> It looks that it builds -HEAD every 6 hours:
>> http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=narwhal&br=HEAD
>> and the next build is 2 hours later.
>>

> Yeah.  Theoretically we should be OK because we have a couple of
> green results from MSVC animals, but I wouldn't mind waiting two
> hours to see one from a Windows/gcc build.
>
> I already asked Dave if he could force a rebuild from home, no go :-(

I will force one in a few minutes.

cheers

andrew

> Since we are waiting anyway, something I brought up to Dave about this
> exact problem was the idea of a "freeze" :). E.g; All animals must go
> green and stay green with zero additional commits for 24 hours before
> we wrap.

> Is that something that sounds reasonable?

Sounds like a good way to waste a day.  Even more likely, people would
hold off fixing problems till after a beta, because it would reset the
counter; and then commit the changes later, guaranteeing that they'd get
*less* testing.

That's not even mentioning the problem that animals fail on a near-daily
basis for reasons beyond our control.

I'm not in favor of arbitrary rules.  The buildfarm is a tool to serve
us, not vice versa.

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I already asked Dave if he could force a rebuild from home, no go :-(

> I will force one in a few minutes.

narwhal and dawn_bat are both showing green, so I think we're ready to
wrap at Marc's convenience.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I already asked Dave if he could force a rebuild from home, no go :-(
>
> > I will force one in a few minutes.
>
> narwhal and dawn_bat are both showing green, so I think we're ready to
> wrap at Marc's convenience.

Agreed.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com