Re: PGBuildfarm member skylark Branch HEAD Failed at Stage Make

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
PG Build Farm wrote:
> The PGBuildfarm member skylark had the following event on branch HEAD:
>
> Failed at Stage: Make
>
> The snapshot timestamp for the build that triggered this notification is: 2007-09-29 03:00:01
>
> The specs of this machine are:
> OS:  Windows XP / SP2
> Arch: x64
> Comp: Visual C++ / 14.00.50727.762
>
> For more information, see http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=skylark&br=HEAD

I think this just needs a new object added to the libpgport list in
Mkvcbuild.pm at line 46-50. I can do this monday, no earlier :-( (I
could do it now, but I'm mobile so I can't test it, so I won't do it) If
someone else who can actually test it wants to put that in, please do.

//Magnus

Re: PGBuildfarm member skylark Branch HEAD Failed at Stage Make

Date:
> PG Build Farm wrote:
>> For more information, see http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=skylark&br=HEAD

> I think this just needs a new object added to the libpgport list in
> Mkvcbuild.pm at line 46-50.

My fault, sorry about that.  But I'm getting less and less satisfied
with the way that the MSVC build system is forcing us to duplicate all
the knowledge in the Makefiles.

One thing I did in the commit that broke this was to move the list of
"fixed" (platform-independent) members of libpgport out of
Makefile.global.in and into src/port/Makefile.  Is it possible to parse
that to get the list of fixed members, instead of duplicating the list
in Mkvcbuild.pm?  Of course Mkvcbuild.pm would still need a list of
Windows-specific members, but that should be a lot shorter and more
stable.
        regards, tom lane

Re: PGBuildfarm member skylark Branch HEAD Failed at Stage Make

From
Andrew Dunstan

Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm getting less and less satisfied
> with the way that the MSVC build system is forcing us to duplicate all
> the knowledge in the Makefiles.

I whined about this quite some time ago ...

> One thing I did in the commit that broke this was to move the list of
> "fixed" (platform-independent) members of libpgport out of
> Makefile.global.in and into src/port/Makefile.  Is it possible to parse
> that to get the list of fixed members, instead of duplicating the list
> in Mkvcbuild.pm?  Of course Mkvcbuild.pm would still need a list of
> Windows-specific members, but that should be a lot shorter and more
> stable.

I've just been toying around in my head with possibly installing gmake
on a windows build box and making a target where it outputs the list of
source files for building a project from. Maybe that would help.

cheers

andrew