embed postgres

From
"Stephen Ince"
Date:
Hi, I am looking to embed postgres into an application on windows. I am fine
with it being a separate service. Here is what I am looking to do. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

1) Install postgres silently. Libs (dll) and data files.  a) What are the minimum files dll.  b) What .conf should I
editto state where the postgres home is located?

2) Start postgres when the app starts.
3) Stop postgres when the app stops.
4) Minimize the amount of postgres processes.

Steve

Re: embed postgres

From
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Date:
Stephen Ince wrote:

>  I am looking to embed postgres into an application on windows. I am
> fine with it being a separate service. Here is what I am looking to do.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the wrong list to ask this question. Next time try general list.
What you're looking for is silent installation [1].

> 2) Start postgres when the app starts.
> 3) Stop postgres when the app stops.
pg_ctl?

> 4) Minimize the amount of postgres processes.

You can't. It's by design.

[1] http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/

Re: embed postgres