ECPG regression tests expected files

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
If I change the code in one of the ecpg regression tests (porting tests as
well to non-pthread win32), am I supposed to manually change the .c files
in the expected directory? Or is ther some other process for it?

//Magnus

Re: ECPG regression tests expected files

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 06:13:03PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> If I change the code in one of the ecpg regression tests (porting tests as
> well to non-pthread win32), am I supposed to manually change the .c files
> in the expected directory? Or is ther some other process for it?

Just run the test, check whether it's okay and then replace the expected
.c file with yours.

Please change what you need for win32. I will have a look at the changes
on Linux as soon as I find time. The other thread related emails are
still in my inbox. So the same holds for those. :-)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Date:
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 06:13:03PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> If I change the code in one of the ecpg regression tests (porting tests as
>> well to non-pthread win32), am I supposed to manually change the .c files
>> in the expected directory? Or is ther some other process for it?
>
> Just run the test, check whether it's okay and then replace the expected
> .c file with yours.

Ok.

> Please change what you need for win32. I will have a look at the changes
> on Linux as soon as I find time. The other thread related emails are
> still in my inbox. So the same holds for those. :-)

Ok. Will do.

If you want to pick one early, please look at the one about the thread
regression tests not appearing to run at all. I'd like to have that
confirmed before I try to dig into how to fix it - in case it's not
actually broken, and it's just me who's doing something wrong...

Date:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:30:21PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> If you want to pick one early, please look at the one about the thread
> regression tests not appearing to run at all. I'd like to have that
> confirmed before I try to dig into how to fix it - in case it's not
> actually broken, and it's just me who's doing something wrong...

I just committed some stuff including your patch and a fix to the
regression test problem. At least it works on my system.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Date:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 02:04:48PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:30:21PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > If you want to pick one early, please look at the one about the thread
> > regression tests not appearing to run at all. I'd like to have that
> > confirmed before I try to dig into how to fix it - in case it's not
> > actually broken, and it's just me who's doing something wrong...
>
> I just committed some stuff including your patch and a fix to the
> regression test problem. At least it works on my system.

Thanks. Passes the regression tests on win32 with the native threading.
I've updated and committed updates to the thread regression tests to have
them use the native threading as well. This removes the final requirement
on pthreads on win32, so that's one more non-standard build depdendency no
longer needed. Yay!

//Magnus