sorted results on pgbuildfarm

From
"Simon Riggs"
Date:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

Could we sort the results by System, please? At least as an option.

It's currently fairly hard to review the details to see whether a
particular release level is supported/tested. The sort order changes
over time, which isn't useful.

Build failure emails are issued already, AFAIK, so the sort order on
last build date doesn't seem that valuable.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: sorted results on pgbuildfarm

From
Andrew Dunstan

Simon Riggs wrote:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
>
> Could we sort the results by System, please? At least as an option.
>
> It's currently fairly hard to review the details to see whether a
> particular release level is supported/tested. The sort order changes
> over time, which isn't useful.
>
> Build failure emails are issued already, AFAIK, so the sort order on
> last build date doesn't seem that valuable.

This page is a dashboard. It shows the latest state of each build system
on each branch during the last 30 days.

The advantage to sorting it by snapshot is that you can quickly see when
something broke a bunch of builds.

We can certainly provide a different view, or sort it by system name,
but I'm not sure that will actually show you what you want. If you want
to see the history on a particular system/branch, there is a separate
page for that - just click the system's name on the dashboard and it
takes you there. The URL is:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=<systemname>&br=<branchtag>

cheers

andrew

Re: sorted results on pgbuildfarm

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:33:08AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> We can certainly provide a different view, or sort it by system name,

What about making the column headers clickable to control the sort
order?

--
Michael Fuhr

Date:
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 07:33 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
> >
> > Could we sort the results by System, please? At least as an option.
> >
> > It's currently fairly hard to review the details to see whether a
> > particular release level is supported/tested. The sort order changes
> > over time, which isn't useful.
> >
> > Build failure emails are issued already, AFAIK, so the sort order on
> > last build date doesn't seem that valuable.
> >

> This page is a dashboard. It shows the latest state of each build system
> on each branch during the last 30 days.
>
> The advantage to sorting it by snapshot is that you can quickly see when
> something broke a bunch of builds.
>
> We can certainly provide a different view, or sort it by system name,
> but I'm not sure that will actually show you what you want. If you want
> to see the history on a particular system/branch, there is a separate
> page for that - just click the system's name on the dashboard and it
> takes you there. The URL is:
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=<systemname>&br=<branchtag>

Nearly, but I'm not interested in individual systems.

I'd like to see "which releases of Fedora build OK" or "what AIX
versions work with the latest stable release?". That requires me to
locate the systems which run AIX, which can only be determined by
scanning the whole list.

Not bothered what the UI is, just want to improve the value of the
information that has been generated.

Thanks,

Date:
> This page is a dashboard. It shows the latest state of each build system
> on each branch during the last 30 days.
> The advantage to sorting it by snapshot is that you can quickly see when
> something broke a bunch of builds.

Yes --- I will be exceedingly annoyed if that view goes away.

I concur though that there are uses for other presentations.
        regards, tom lane

Simon Riggs wrote:
>> We can certainly provide a different view, or sort it by system name,
>> but I'm not sure that will actually show you what you want. If you want
>> to see the history on a particular system/branch, there is a separate
>> page for that - just click the system's name on the dashboard and it
>> takes you there. The URL is:
>>
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=<systemname>&br=<branchtag>
>>

> Nearly, but I'm not interested in individual systems.
>
> I'd like to see "which releases of Fedora build OK" or "what AIX
> versions work with the latest stable release?". That requires me to
> locate the systems which run AIX, which can only be determined by
> scanning the whole list.
>
> Not bothered what the UI is, just want to improve the value of the
> information that has been generated.

OK - I did a quick addition. If you add a sortby parameter to the query
it will sort case insensitively (within each branch, still) on the following

name, or
os/version, or
compiler/version

Examples:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?sortby=name
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?sortby=os
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?sortby=compiler

Any other value, or a missing parameter, gives the current snapshot sort.

If that does what you want we can build in some links for them (probably
on column headings, as Michael suggests).

cheers

andrew

Re: sorted results on pgbuildfarm

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 05:43:53AM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:33:08AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > We can certainly provide a different view, or sort it by system
> > name,
>
> What about making the column headers clickable to control the sort
> order?

There's an MIT-licensed widget that requires javascript for this.
http://kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

Cheers,
D (Let's hear it for not reinventing the wheel!)
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate