Regression failure in PL/Tcl

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hi,

I'm seeing the following regression failure in PL/Tcl.  It seems to be
just an ordering issue, and the order in which a trigger is fired.

This is a pristine, freshly updated copy of CVS head as of right now.

I'm not sure why the buildfarm is not having this problem.

alvherre=# select version();
                                                           version

 PostgreSQL 8.3devel on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.1 (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian
4.1.1-21)
(1 fila)

alvherre=# \q
$ uname -a
Linux perhan 2.6.18-3-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Dec 4 17:04:37 CET 2006 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Re: Regression failure in PL/Tcl

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing the following regression failure in PL/Tcl.  It seems to be
> just an ordering issue, and the order in which a trigger is fired.
>
> This is a pristine, freshly updated copy of CVS head as of right now.

I removed the derived files (moral equivalent of make distclean) and the
failure persists.

Re: Regression failure in PL/Tcl

Date:
> I'm seeing the following regression failure in PL/Tcl.  It seems to be
> just an ordering issue, and the order in which a trigger is fired.

Works on my x86_64 box.  Are you running the test in C locale (because
it looks a bit like a sort-ordering issue)?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Regression failure in PL/Tcl

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing the following regression failure in PL/Tcl.  It seems to be
> just an ordering issue, and the order in which a trigger is fired.
>
> This is a pristine, freshly updated copy of CVS head as of right now.
>
> I'm not sure why the buildfarm is not having this problem.

What is the collation setting for the instance you are running against?
If you didn't initdb --no-locale (which is what buildfarm clients do)
then you might expect something like this.

cheers

andrew

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm seeing the following regression failure in PL/Tcl.  It seems to be
> > just an ordering issue, and the order in which a trigger is fired.
>
> Works on my x86_64 box.  Are you running the test in C locale (because
> it looks a bit like a sort-ordering issue)?

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.  I did initdb --no-locale per Andrew's
suggestion and it worked.  Sorry for the noise.