buildfarm fail "cardinal"

From
Gevik Babakhani
Date:
Hi,

I would like to know why the test stats on "pgbuildfarm/cardinal" fails?

Regards,
Gevik
    xml                  ... ok
test stats                ... FAILED
test tablespace           ... ok

Re: buildfarm fail "cardinal"

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know why the test stats on "pgbuildfarm/cardinal" fails?
>
> Regards,
> Gevik
>
>      xml                  ... ok
> test stats                ... FAILED
> test tablespace           ... ok

If you look in the log it tells you. This looks like pilot error.

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=cardinal&dt=2007-02-05%2005:45:01

has these lines in the section with the postmaster log:

LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": Name or service not known
LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket

cheers

andrew

Re: buildfarm fail "cardinal"

Date:
Gevik Babakhani <pgdev@xs4all.nl> writes:
> I would like to know why the test stats on "pgbuildfarm/cardinal" fails?

Looks like DNS and/or /etc/hosts misconfiguration to me:

================== pgsql.10164/src/test/regress/log/postmaster.log ===================
LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": Name or service not known
LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket

        regards, tom lane