postgresql error messages

From
A B
Date:
Is there a plan to improve postgresql error messages ?
For the moment, what we have in case of, let's say, a foreign key constraint violation, is a human-readable message and
SQLSTATE(an error code).

The message contains user-friendly informations, but a program is not able to deal with those informations, such as
columnname, relation name, etc.

Is there plan to add new informations is the postgresql errors in the future ?

-- Arnaud Balandras.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Re: postgresql error messages

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2006 13:01 schrieb A B:
> The message contains user-friendly informations, but a program is not able
> to deal with those informations, such as column name, relation name, etc.
>
> Is there plan to add new informations is the postgresql errors in the
> future ?

I don't think anyone in particular is working on it at the moment, but it
would certainly be a welcome addition.

--
Peter Eisentraut