pdfs of the conference

From
"Walter Cruz"
Date:
Hi all. I don't know if here is the best place, but in: <a
href="http://conference.postgresql.org/Catalog">http://conference.postgresql.org/Catalog</a>there's no link to the

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 06:00:22PM -0300, Walter Cruz wrote:
> Hi all. I don't know if here is the best place, but in:
> http://conference.postgresql.org/Catalog there's no link to the slides of
> the talks.
>
> I think that would be nice the slides there :)

Yes.

They are badly overdue.  We had some technical problems, combined
with someone's time becoming unavailable, that prevented us from
getting this cleared up.

The slides, all the photos, and even the audio are, I've been
assured, going to get cleared up in the next few days.  I do
apologise to everyone about the delay.  I'll be sure to make an
announcement when everything is done.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.    --Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
Hannu Krosing
Date:
Ühel kenal päeval, T, 2006-09-19 kell 12:29, kirjutas Andrew Sullivan:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 06:00:22PM -0300, Walter Cruz wrote:
> > Hi all. I don't know if here is the best place, but in:
> > http://conference.postgresql.org/Catalog there's no link to the slides of
> > the talks.
> >
> > I think that would be nice the slides there :)
>
> Yes.
>
> They are badly overdue.  We had some technical problems, combined
> with someone's time becoming unavailable, that prevented us from
> getting this cleared up.
>
> The slides, all the photos, and even the audio are, I've been
> assured, going to get cleared up in the next few days.  I do
> apologise to everyone about the delay.  I'll be sure to make an
> announcement when everything is done.

Will there be a larger version of the group photo currently on
http://www.postgresql.org's front page ?

--
----------------
Hannu Krosing

Skype me:  callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free:  http://www.skype.com

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
"Walter Cruz"
Date:
The larger version is only hidden from everyone :) <br /><br /><a
href="http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/conference_group.jpg">http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/conference_group.jpg

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Date:
Walter Cruz wrote:
> The larger version is only hidden from everyone :)
>
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/conference_group.jpg
> <http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/conference_group.jpg>

Very cool, I was hoping someone would post this.  Any chance we can get
a list of names to go with the faces?

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
Stijn Vanroye
Date:
Matthew T. O'Connor schreef:
> Walter Cruz wrote:
>> The larger version is only hidden from everyone :)
>>
>> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/conference_group.jpg
>> <http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/conference_group.jpg>
>>

> Very cool, I was hoping someone would post this.  Any chance we can get
> a list of names to go with the faces?

Yeah, then we can see if the people actually look as intelligent as they
sound ;)

But seriously, it would be nice to be able to visualise the people who's   mail you are reading/responding to. No
actualvalue in this, just fun...

Regards, Stijn.

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
"Dave Page"

I'm not sure many of us could name everyone.

Here's a starter though:

The guy with the PostgreSQL sign round his neck is Devrim Gunduz. The
guy holding one up at the back is Chris Browne. On the front row theres
Josh Berkus in the middle, Peter Eisentraut to the right, and Gavin
Sherry on the far right. Bruce is behind Gavin in the light blue shirt,
next to Tatsuo Ishii and Alvaro. Tom is one row from the back, in the
middle with the grey-brown shirt on, and to the left of him is D'arcy
(with the hat) and then Magnus Hagander, Thomas Hallgren and Neil
Clifford.

Regards Dave.

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
"Dave Page"

Err, yes. Sorry Neil. Neil Clifford is someone else entirely.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:

> > http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/conf
> > erence_group.jpg
> > >>
> > <http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/uploads/photo/conf/con
> > ference_group.jpg>
> > >>

> > > Very cool, I was hoping someone would post this.  Any
> > chance we can get
> > > a list of names to go with the faces?
> >
> > Yeah, then we can see if the people actually look as intelligent
> as
> > they sound ;)
> >
> > But seriously, it would be nice to be able to visualise the
> people
> > who's
> >    mail you are reading/responding to. No actual value in this,
> just
> > fun...
>
> I'm not sure many of us could name everyone.
>
> Here's a starter though:
>
> The guy with the PostgreSQL sign round his neck is Devrim Gunduz.
> The guy holding one up at the back is Chris Browne. On the front
> row theres Josh Berkus in the middle, Peter Eisentraut to the
> right, and Gavin Sherry on the far right. Bruce is behind Gavin in
> the light blue shirt, next to Tatsuo Ishii and Alvaro. Tom is one
> row from the back, in the middle with the grey-brown shirt on, and
> to the left of him is D'arcy (with the hat) and then Magnus
> Hagander, Thomas Hallgren and Neil Clifford.

I started with an imagemap version of this one after the conference. Let
me finish off some of that and put it up somewhere so people can
complete it.

//Magnus

Re: pdfs of the conference

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > Here's a starter though:
> >
> > The guy with the PostgreSQL sign round his neck is Devrim Gunduz.
> > The guy holding one up at the back is Chris Browne. On the front
> row
> > theres Josh Berkus in the middle, Peter Eisentraut to the right,
> and
> > Gavin Sherry on the far right. Bruce is behind Gavin in the light
> blue
> > shirt, next to Tatsuo Ishii and Alvaro. Tom is one row from the
> back,
> > in the middle with the grey-brown shirt on, and to the left of
> him is
> > D'arcy (with the hat) and then Magnus Hagander, Thomas Hallgren
> and
> > Neil Clifford.
>
> I started with an imagemap version of this one after the
> conference. Let me finish off some of that and put it up somewhere
> so people can complete it.

Ok. I've got this up at
http://www.postgresql.org/files/community/conference06/conference_group.
html.

Help requested to complete the names not yet added - send private email.

//Magnus

Conference materials (Was: pdfs of the conference)

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 12:29:18PM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> The slides, all the photos, and even the audio are, I've been
> assured, going to get cleared up in the next few days.

Well, those were some very long days, but it seems a good time to
note that the slides and audio (all that we have) are now on the
conference site, linked to the conference programme from this summer:

    http://conference.postgresql.org/Program

Thanks very much to Gavin Sherry, who did a great deal of the work on
this.  If your materials are not there, it's because we don't have
them.  If you send them to me, I'll put them in place as soon as I
receive them.  Really, I will.  My TODO list doesn't need to get
longer.

I have the unhappy duty of announcing, too, that the audio recordings
from the second room at the conference were lost, along with the rest
of the things on the laptop where they were stored.

Thanks very much to all the speakers and attendees who made the
conference a success.

Best,
Andrew

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Conference materials (Was: pdfs of

From
Teodor Sigaev
Date:
> this.  If your materials are not there, it's because we don't have
> them.  If you send them to me, I'll put them in place as soon as I
> receive them.  Really, I will.  My TODO list doesn't need to get

Tsearch2 round table should have two presentations, one of them is already on
site, another: http://www.sigaev.ru/gin/Gin.pdf
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Date:
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 10:13:21PM +0400, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> Tsearch2 round table should have two presentations, one of them is already
> on site, another: http://www.sigaev.ru/gin/Gin.pdf

Added.  Thanks.

By the way, I should have mentioned that there are apparently more
audio files on the way, but we don't have them yet.  Someone is
reportedly doing some sort of audio magic to improve the sound.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner