Removing the performance gap caused by CHECKPOINT

From
Hannu Krosing
Date:
On postgresql anniversary summit there was a presentation byt SRA people
about using background writer to do CHECKPOINTs which seemed very
effective for removing the performance gap caused by CHECKPOINT.

Has any of it been submitted for 8.2 ?

--
----------------
Hannu Krosing

Skype me:  callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free:  http://www.skype.com

Re: Removing the performance gap caused by CHECKPOINT

Date:
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> On postgresql anniversary summit there was a presentation byt SRA people
> about using background writer to do CHECKPOINTs which seemed very
> effective for removing the performance gap caused by CHECKPOINT.
>
> Has any of it been submitted for 8.2 ?

No, I don't remember seeing a patch for it.

Re: Removing the performance gap caused by CHECKPOINT

From
ITAGAKI Takahiro
Date:
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net> wrote:

> On postgresql anniversary summit there was a presentation byt SRA people
> about using background writer to do CHECKPOINTs which seemed very
> effective for removing the performance gap caused by CHECKPOINT.
>
> Has any of it been submitted for 8.2 ?

That's my, *NTT*'s presentation :D

But sorry, there are my company-specific troubles to open the source :-(
I missed 8.2 feature freeze, so gave up proposing it.

Please wait for a moment, or invent more effective checkpoint methods!

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center