Re: PostgreSQL overall design

From
Abhijit Menon-Sen
Date:
At 2005-09-27 15:20:05 +0530, s.gnanavel@gmail.com wrote:

> Can anyone please tell/point me where I can get the postgresql system
> layout (I've an interest to contribute).

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding

And, in particular:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html

-- ams

Re: PostgreSQL overall design

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
Were you looking for a call graph?

On 9/27/05, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@toroid.org> wrote:
At 2005-09-27 15:20:05 +0530, s.gnanavel@gmail.com wrote:

> Can anyone please tell/point me where I can get the postgresql system
> layout (I've an interest to contribute).

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding

And, in particular:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html

-- ams

Respectfully,

Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation
http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Re: PostgreSQL overall design

From
Gnanavel S

On 9/27/05, Jonah H. Harris <jonah.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
Were you looking for a call graph?

Yes. I want to know the list and sequence of files involved during  a call.

--
with regards,
S.Gnanavel

Re: PostgreSQL overall design

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:00:14PM +0530, Gnanavel S wrote:
> On 9/27/05, Jonah H. Harris <jonah.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Were you looking for a call graph?
>

> Yes. I want to know the list and sequence of files involved during a call.

Total non-coder question, but is there an open-source utility that's
capable of generating that? Seems like a useful piece of documentation
to have. Also seems like it'd be completely impractical to maintain by
hand.