Start translating

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
I think beta 2 is a good time to start fixing up the translations again.
As I had previously announced, long-time translators are invited to
register themselves at <http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtranslation>
and commit their work there.  Those who do not want to do that can
continue to submit their work at via pgsql-patches@postgresql.org.

The NLS status tables at
<http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsstatus/> are now up to date
regarding both the PostgreSQL source code and the PgFoundry repository,
so you can download the up to date PO files from there to start your
work.  I eventually plan to move the status tables and other web pages
to the PgFoundry site.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Start translating

Date:
> I think beta 2 is a good time to start fixing up the translations again.

One thing I had wanted to do before issuing the call for translations
was to make a pass over the recent GiST changes, looking at
elog-vs-ereport decisions and message wording.  With all due respect
to Oleg and Teodor, English is not their first language, and the
messages need some work.

I'm on quasi-vacation this week and don't have the time to do anything
in this line; perhaps you can look at it?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Start translating

From
Guillaume LELARGE
Date:
Le Lundi 19 Septembre 2005 07:38, Peter Eisentraut a écrit :
> I think beta 2 is a good time to start fixing up the translations again.

Great :)

I think I'm gonna work on it soon because I'm nearly done with the translation
of the 8.1-beta2 manual.

> As I had previously announced, long-time translators are invited to
> register themselves at <http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtranslation>
> and commit their work there.  Those who do not want to do that can
> continue to submit their work at via pgsql-patches@postgresql.org.
>
> The NLS status tables at
> <http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsstatus/> are now up to date
> regarding both the PostgreSQL source code and the PgFoundry repository,
> so you can download the up to date PO files from there to start your
> work.  I eventually plan to move the status tables and other web pages
> to the PgFoundry site.

OK, thanks for these informations.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/    http://lfs.traduc.org/    http://traduc.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Re: Start translating

From
Laszlo Hornyak
Date:
Hi Peter!

I would like to join the translation project. I am already translator in
the press releases project. My pgfoundry user id is 'k0cka'

Thanks,
Laszlo

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>I think beta 2 is a good time to start fixing up the translations again.
>As I had previously announced, long-time translators are invited to
>register themselves at <http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtranslation>
>and commit their work there.  Those who do not want to do that can
>continue to submit their work at via pgsql-patches@postgresql.org.
>
>The NLS status tables at
><http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsstatus/> are now up to date
>regarding both the PostgreSQL source code and the PgFoundry repository,
>so you can download the up to date PO files from there to start your
>work.  I eventually plan to move the status tables and other web pages
>to the PgFoundry site.

Re: Start translating

From
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane wrote:
> One thing I had wanted to do before issuing the call for translations
> was to make a pass over the recent GiST changes, looking at
> elog-vs-ereport decisions and message wording.

OK, can you tell me where those are and I can look at it.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Start translating

Date:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> One thing I had wanted to do before issuing the call for translations
>> was to make a pass over the recent GiST changes, looking at
>> elog-vs-ereport decisions and message wording.

> OK, can you tell me where those are and I can look at it.

Done already, but thanks for offering.
        regards, tom lane