Case insensitive indexing in posgtres?

From
sandeep satpal
Date:
Dear ,

One of the difference in mysql and postgresql is case insensitiveness.
I want to midify the code of posgresql so that it can support case
insensitiveness in indexing and in join operation.

I dont want that user should always write lower and uppder during using
it.
I just need information that where exactly in the code of postgres it
compare the values of attribute supplied by user and values of
attribute present in the database.

Thanking you,
sandeep

--
------------------
| Sandeep Satpal |

Re: Case insensitive indexing in posgtres?

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 04:00:57PM +0530, sandeep satpal wrote:

> Dear ,
>
> One of the difference in mysql and postgresql is case insensitiveness.
> I want to midify the code of posgresql so that it can support case
> insensitiveness in indexing and in join operation.

Use citext:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/citext/projdisplay.php