Need help on SpikeSource Testing Contest

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Those of you who went to OSCON may have heard that SpikeSource is having a
contest to increase testing code coverage of popular OSS projects.  The
contest involves prizes of up to $2500 for test writers.

Given that we have people in the community who have been thinking about
testing, and just need a little encouragement, I'd really like PostgreSQL
to participate (and so would SpikeSource).

There's two things I'd like to have help with in this regard:

1) I need the committed help of one or more pgsql-committers who can
evaluate stuff submitted to our regression test suite.   The contest
doesn't coincide with our development cycle (it's 9/15 to 12/30), so we
may need to evaluate a new test at a time when we can't actually commit it
to HEAD.  Andrew?  Neil?  Bruce?

2) Do we have a coding standards document anywhere?   There's a lot of
stuff in the Developer FAQ but it doesn't quite lay out at "this is what
your code has to have to be accepted". I'd swear I've seen something of
the sort ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Need help on SpikeSource Testing Contest

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
Anything more on this? Contest start is in just over 3 weeks...

Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461

Re: Need help on SpikeSource Testing Contest

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Jim,

> Anything more on this? Contest start is in just over 3 weeks...

Nope.   I've get to get a committer to promise to review submitted tests.
That's the main thing I need before we can commit to participation.

I'll also be drafting some docs on requirements for regression tests, but
that's less immediately critical ...

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________