snapshot build broken ...

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Did I miss a docbook upgrade or something here?

openjade -V draft-mode -D . -c /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/catalog -d stylesheet.dsl -i output-text -t
sgml-V nochunks standalone-install.sgml installation.sgml >INSTALL.html

openjade:installation.sgml:873:44:X: reference to non-existent ID "DATATYPE-DATETIME"
openjade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/html/dblink.dsl:203:1:E: XRef LinkEnd to missing ID
'DATATYPE-DATETIME'
gmake: *** [INSTALL.html] Error 1
gmake: *** Deleting file `INSTALL.html'

----

Re: snapshot build broken ...

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> openjade -V draft-mode -D . -c /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/catalog -d stylesheet.dsl -i output-text
-tsgml -V nochunks standalone-install.sgml installation.sgml >INSTALL.html

> openjade:installation.sgml:873:44:X: reference to non-existent ID "DATATYPE-DATETIME"
> openjade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/html/dblink.dsl:203:1:E: XRef LinkEnd to missing ID
'DATATYPE-DATETIME'
> gmake: *** [INSTALL.html] Error 1
> gmake: *** Deleting file `INSTALL.html'

Oh, is that why the nightly snapshots are failing?

Fixed --- but maybe we ought to do something to test the INSTALL/HISTORY
documentation build as well as the main SGML docs.  Or maybe better, do
something to make failures of the nightly snapshot build call attention
to themselves more loudly.
        regards, tom lane

Re: snapshot build broken ...

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> openjade -V draft-mode -D . -c /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/catalog -d stylesheet.dsl -i output-text
-tsgml -V nochunks standalone-install.sgml installation.sgml >INSTALL.html

>> openjade:installation.sgml:873:44:X: reference to non-existent ID "DATATYPE-DATETIME"
>> openjade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/html/dblink.dsl:203:1:E: XRef LinkEnd to missing ID
'DATATYPE-DATETIME'
>> gmake: *** [INSTALL.html] Error 1
>> gmake: *** Deleting file `INSTALL.html'
>
> Oh, is that why the nightly snapshots are failing?
>
> Fixed --- but maybe we ought to do something to test the INSTALL/HISTORY
> documentation build as well as the main SGML docs.  Or maybe better, do
> something to make failures of the nightly snapshot build call attention
> to themselves more loudly.

That should be simple enough ... the snapshot build is a shell script, so
I should just need to do something like:

gmake split-dist=yes VERSION=snapshot dist
if [ #? ne 0 ]
then  mail ...
fi

does that look right?

----

Re: snapshot build broken ...

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Fixed --- but maybe we ought to do something to test the INSTALL/HISTORY
>> documentation build as well as the main SGML docs.  Or maybe better, do
>> something to make failures of the nightly snapshot build call attention
>> to themselves more loudly.

> That should be simple enough ... the snapshot build is a shell script, so
> I should just need to do something like:

> gmake split-dist=yes VERSION=snapshot dist
> if [ #? ne 0 ]
> then
>    mail ...
> fi

> does that look right?

The build log will need to be saved somewhere where people can look at
it, but otherwise it sounds good.
        regards, tom lane

Re: snapshot build broken ...

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Fixed --- but maybe we ought to do something to test the INSTALL/HISTORY
>>> documentation build as well as the main SGML docs.  Or maybe better, do
>>> something to make failures of the nightly snapshot build call attention
>>> to themselves more loudly.
>
>> That should be simple enough ... the snapshot build is a shell script, so
>> I should just need to do something like:
>
>> gmake split-dist=yes VERSION=snapshot dist
>> if [ #? ne 0 ]
>> then
>>    mail ...
>> fi
>
>> does that look right?
>
> The build log will need to be saved somewhere where people can look at
> it, but otherwise it sounds good.

'k, will work on getting the script updated ...

----

Re: snapshot build broken ...

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Wednesday 20 July 2005 21:27, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
> >>
> >> That should be simple enough ... the snapshot build is a shell script,
> >> so I should just need to do something like:
> >>
> >> gmake split-dist=yes VERSION=snapshot dist
> >> if [ #? ne 0 ]
> >> then
> >>    mail ...
> >> fi
> >>
> >> does that look right?
> >
> > The build log will need to be saved somewhere where people can look at
> > it, but otherwise it sounds good.
>
> 'k, will work on getting the script updated ...

Hey Marc, whats the status on this? I just installed the nightly snapshot from
yesterday (according to the website file time anyway) and after initdb I had
no "postgres" database. I did some searching on some recent commits and
theyre not there, so I'm guessing it is building with old code.

--
Robert Treat