prepared queries in plperl

From
Dmitry Karasik
Date:
Hi,

I needed prepared queries in plperl, but there's none, so I baked a patch that
defines two extra perl functions, spi_prepare and spi_exec_prepared, and it
seems to work more-less ok. The patch is here,
  http://www.karasik.eu.org/misc/plperl.diff

but it's not in any way a final patch; having no previous experience with
postgres server programming there's a fat chance I forgot or misplaced
something, especially that most of it is copy-pasted from plperl.c and pltcl.c
.  I would like to ask if someone could review it, so I could reshape it into
something more appropriate for including into -devel.

--
Thanks,Dmitry Karasik

---
catpipe Systems ApS
*BSD solutions, consulting, development
www.catpipe.net
+45 7021 0050

Re: prepared queries in plperl

From
Abhijit Menon-Sen
Date:
At 2005-07-15 17:17:01 +0200, dmitry@karasik.eu.org wrote:

> I needed prepared queries in plperl, but there's none, so I baked
> a patch that defines two extra perl functions, spi_prepare and
> spi_exec_prepared

Oh. I've been working on the same functionality this week following a
conversation with Nicolai Petri (Cc:ed). It's rather unfortunate that
neither of us discussed our plans on the list beforehand.

> I would like to ask if someone could review it, so I could reshape
> it into something more appropriate for including into -devel.

All right. I'll look over it soon.

-- ams