Documentation on roles

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hackers,

Who is working on providing documentation for roles?

I was just going to alter the docs on users to remove the SYSID part,
but I noticed there is nothing at all for roles ...

_Is_ anybody working on it at all?

"We are who we choose to be", sang the goldfinch
when the sun is high (Sandman)

Re: Documentation on roles

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org) wrote:
> Who is working on providing documentation for roles?
>
> I was just going to alter the docs on users to remove the SYSID part,
> but I noticed there is nothing at all for roles ...
>
> _Is_ anybody working on it at all?

Just to put it out there, I'm not currently working on it.  I havn't
played w/ SGML much but I can start working on it if no one else is.
Sorry for not having had it done already. :/  I had been hoping that
someone else was working on it, but sounds like probably not..
Thanks,
    Stephen

Re: Documentation on roles

Date:
> Who is working on providing documentation for roles?

Nothing's been done as yet, but Stephen and I are definitely on the
hook to provide some.

> I was just going to alter the docs on users to remove the SYSID part,
> but I noticed there is nothing at all for roles ...

Don't worry about it, will handle that as part of the roles docs update.
        regards, tom lane

PS: Is the above your new primary email address?  I need to update my
address book if so ...

Re: Documentation on roles

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:50:46AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > I was just going to alter the docs on users to remove the SYSID part,
> > but I noticed there is nothing at all for roles ...
>
> Don't worry about it, will handle that as part of the roles docs update.

Ok, cool.

> PS: Is the above your new primary email address?  I need to update my
> address book if so ...

Yes, thanks.

Thou shalt study thy libraries and strive not to reinvent them without
cause, that thy code may be short and readable and thy days pleasant
and productive. (7th Commandment for C Programmers)