autovacuum in backend?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

Does it look like it is going to make it for 8.1?

Re: autovacuum in backend?

From
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Does it look like it is going to make it for 8.1?

I certainly hope so.  However, I don't have much time to put towards it
between now and July 1.  Also, I will need significant help from someone
to get past some of the issues that I'm not really capable of.  I am
trying to get my previous integration patch updated to apply against
HEAD but it will probably be a week or two before I find enough time to
get that working well.  Then hopefully someone will step up to help me
improve the patch so that it's acceptable.  Any takers?

BTW if someone else wants to take this on please do, I will not be offended.

Matt

Re: autovacuum in backend?

Date:
I will post tomorrow on a plan for this.

Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > Does it look like it is going to make it for 8.1?
>

> I certainly hope so.  However, I don't have much time to put towards it
> between now and July 1.  Also, I will need significant help from someone
> to get past some of the issues that I'm not really capable of.  I am
> trying to get my previous integration patch updated to apply against
> HEAD but it will probably be a week or two before I find enough time to
> get that working well.  Then hopefully someone will step up to help me
> improve the patch so that it's acceptable.  Any takers?
>
> BTW if someone else wants to take this on please do, I will not be offended.
>

> Matt

Pennsylvania19073

Re: autovacuum in backend?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:25:18PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I will post tomorrow on a plan for this.

If you need developer time, I'm available to work on this as it seems
higher priority to me that shared dependencies.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Hay que recordar que la existencia en el cosmos, y particularmente la

Re: autovacuum in backend?

Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:25:18PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > I will post tomorrow on a plan for this.
>
> If you need developer time, I'm available to work on this as it seems
> higher priority to me that shared dependencies.

Yes, I am going to need lots of help, for sure.  Thanks.  Will post
today on details.

Pennsylvania19073