could not dump unrecognized node type: 500

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
Is there any particular reason that RelOptInfo doesn't have a debugging
output function?

Seems too obvious an omission not have have some reasoning
there...perhaps just too complex and rapidly changing?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Re: could not dump unrecognized node type: 500

Date:
> Is there any particular reason that RelOptInfo doesn't have a debugging
> output function?

The planner structs involving RelOptInfo are self-referential, so if you
just do the "obvious" thing you will find outfuncs.c going into infinite
recursion.  I haven't felt a need to try to fix this.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
> > Is there any particular reason that RelOptInfo doesn't have a debugging
> > output function?
>
> The planner structs involving RelOptInfo are self-referential, so if you
> just do the "obvious" thing you will find outfuncs.c going into infinite
> recursion.  I haven't felt a need to try to fix this.

OK, thanks. It was too obvious not to have a bear-trap lurking there...

Best Regards, Simon Riggs