Packages 7.2.8 thru 8.0.2 built ...

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Or, rather, I'm rebuilding 7.2.8 since the tar file looked wrong the first
build ... but the other three are done, and 7.2.x *should* be by the time
y'all see this ...

Let me know if anyone sees any problems with them ...

----

Re: Packages 7.2.8 thru 8.0.2 built ...

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Let me know if anyone sees any problems with them ...

Tarballs match what I have here ... except it looks like you are
regenerating the 7.3 HISTORY and INSTALL files using slightly different
tools than what was committed into CVS.  I'm not sure it's worth
worrying about, but maybe we should update that branch to note that
there is no need for manual creation of HISTORY/INSTALL anymore?
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Let me know if anyone sees any problems with them ...
>
> Tarballs match what I have here ... except it looks like you are
> regenerating the 7.3 HISTORY and INSTALL files using slightly different
> tools than what was committed into CVS.  I'm not sure it's worth
> worrying about, but maybe we should update that branch to note that
> there is no need for manual creation of HISTORY/INSTALL anymore?

'k, should I rebuild the 7.3, or is it okay as is?

If okay, then yes, let's update the 'release_prep' notes for her ...if
not, I can easily rebuild :)

----

Re: Packages 7.2.8 thru 8.0.2 built ...

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Fri, 6 May 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Tarballs match what I have here ... except it looks like you are
>> regenerating the 7.3 HISTORY and INSTALL files using slightly different
>> tools than what was committed into CVS.  I'm not sure it's worth
>> worrying about, but maybe we should update that branch to note that
>> there is no need for manual creation of HISTORY/INSTALL anymore?

> 'k, should I rebuild the 7.3, or is it okay as is?

No, the tarball is fine.  I'm just thinking we should adjust our
procedures for future 7.3 releases.  In particular, I propose that we
"cvs remove" HISTORY and INSTALL in that branch, and update the
RELEASE_CHANGES file accordingly.

Peter, can you confirm that there's no need for manual HISTORY/INSTALL
generation anymore in 7.3?  I know we don't need it in 7.4 and later,
but apparently the release process was back-patched ...
        regards, tom lane