Urgent

From
ElayaRaja S
Date:
HI,
Hi,I am using Redhat Linux 9, I need to uninstall postfesql 7.3.2 andi have to install postgresql 7.4.5. Plz let me
knowhow to uninstall
completely - postfesql 7.3.2

if i install the postgreSQL 7.4.5 and i used the command,
bash-2.05b$ psql
psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname

plz help me regarding this error.
"psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname"

--
Warm Regards,

S.ElayaRaja
Mobile:  (+91) 98450 59540
E-Mail:  elayaraja.s@gmail.com            raja_nk@hotmail.com

Re: Urgent

From
Adrian Maier
Date:
On 4/18/05, ElayaRaja S <elayaraja.s@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am using Redhat Linux 9, I need to uninstall postfesql 7.3.2 and
>  i have to install postgresql 7.4.5. Plz let me know how to uninstall
> completely - postfesql 7.3.2

Hello,

You really should consider asking your question on some another
mailing list, because it is quite off-topic...

Regarding uninstalling:  you need to find out the names of the
postgresql-related  packages that are installed.  They might be called
something like postgresql-client, postgresql-server, etc.   Then, you
simply uninstall them with:      rpm -e  <package_name>

Regards,
Adrian Maier