"they only drink coffee at dec"

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
From src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:
   appendStringInfo(&str,                    "!\t%ld/%ld [%ld/%ld] filesystem blocks in/out\n",
r.ru_inblock- Save_r.ru_inblock,   /* they only drink coffee at dec */                    r.ru_oublock -
Save_r.ru_oublock,                   r.ru_inblock, r.ru_oublock);

Been there as far back as CVS goes.  Will I find other goodies by
poking around? :-)

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: "they only drink coffee at dec"

Date:
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> From src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:
>     /* they only drink coffee at dec */

I never did figure out what that meant.  Anyone know?

> Been there as far back as CVS goes.  Will I find other goodies by
> poking around? :-)

There's a few jokes ... not that many ...
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> > From src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:
> >     /* they only drink coffee at dec */
>
> I never did figure out what that meant.  Anyone know?
>
> > Been there as far back as CVS goes.  Will I find other goodies by
> > poking around? :-)
>
> There's a few jokes ... not that many ...

And, of course, my favorite, which is now gone because we fixed it (*snif*):
       _bt_getstackbuf: my bits moved right off the end of the world!

Pennsylvania19073

Re: "they only drink coffee at dec"

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
>> From src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:
>>     /* they only drink coffee at dec */
>
> I never did figure out what that meant.  Anyone know?
>
>> Been there as far back as CVS goes.  Will I find other goodies by
>> poking around? :-)
>
> There's a few jokes ... not that many ...

Be almost cute to add a section to the web site that links to cvsweb to
point out these ... making sure to link to the "oldest version in cvs that
contains it" ...

----

Re: "they only drink coffee at dec"

From
"Dann Corbit"
Date:
From src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:
>>     /* they only drink coffee at dec */

Tcop might be pronounced "tea-cop"

IOW, 'We are the tea police."

In order to be sure what it means, I think you would have to ask the
original author of the quote.
> I never did figure out what that meant.  Anyone know?
>
>> Been there as far back as CVS goes.  Will I find other goodies by
>> poking around? :-)
>
> There's a few jokes ... not that many ...

Be almost cute to add a section to the web site that links to cvsweb to
point out these ... making sure to link to the "oldest version in cvs
that
contains it" ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
(http://www.hub.org)
Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
7615664

Re: "they only drink coffee at dec"

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
>>From src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:
>
>     appendStringInfo(&str,
>                      "!\t%ld/%ld [%ld/%ld] filesystem blocks in/out\n",
>                      r.ru_inblock - Save_r.ru_inblock,
>     /* they only drink coffee at dec */
>                      r.ru_oublock - Save_r.ru_oublock,
>                      r.ru_inblock, r.ru_oublock);
>
> Been there as far back as CVS goes.  Will I find other goodies by
> poking around? :-)

#define COPYBUFSIZ 8192                 /* size doesn't matter */

Is vaguely amusing :P

Chris